Friday, October 3, 2008

About to punch Firefox in the head...

ok, this is at the moment getting to me to a spectacular degree.

It has gotten to me to a spectacular, psychotic degree many times before.

It's honestly getting to the point where it annoys me so much I may actually consider more than casual use of Safari because of it.

It's so simple it's stupid. Here's the problem:

No matter what I do, my downloads won't download to my downloads folder.

No matter what I do, every download lands on the desktop.

This would be less of a big deal if it didn't include every PDF I read and half the audio/video files I click on. And I download quite a few neato little apps and erroneous unrecognized documents, and they all end up on my desktop.

My desktop is a sacred place. It contains very few allowed items. Properly, it contains shortcuts to mounted volumes, and underneath that a wallpaper which is different depending on which monitor of which computer. But random stupid files simply don't belong there.

I'd switch to PC, but then I'd really kill myself.

No comments: